Getting free product samples only takes a few seconds of your time– usually just as long as it takes to fill in a few blanks on an online form. And then, at absolutely no cost to you, you get great stuff delivered straight to your door. It's a great deal, and it can help your family save money, too. Here are a few ideas about the easiest ways to take advantage of all that free sampling has to offer:
• Know where to look. Frugal blogs all over the web post about free samples every day. I'll post as many good ones as I can here on The Frugal Muse, and you're bound to see many more on any other blogs you're following as well. Here are a couple links where you are always certain to find great samples:
Walmart Samples (A GREAT source for samples!)
• Set up a dedicated e-mail address. Set up a free e-mail account that you only use for signing up for samples and coupons online. In about one minute, you can set up a new e-mail address through gmail or another free e-mail hosting site. This will dramatically cut down on the amount of spam you receive in your primary personal e-mail account. If you only sign up for samples, coupons, and deals online through this dedicated e-mail address (and never give out your phone number, which is something I recommend), then you won't ever have to worry about spamming or telemarketing. You get all the good stuff, without the headaches.
• Be Smart. 99% of the time, free sample deals are totally legitimate and are simply good marketing by reputable companies who want you to try a new product. However, there are times when you'll be better off skipping a free deal in order to save some spamming headaches from telemarketers later on. Although I try not to ever let this happen, I may even accidentally post a deal that leads to this type of spamming. For some great tips about how to be a smart sampler, check out this great post from Freebies4Mom.
• Use the Samples. Sounds obvious, right? But the truth is that small product samples are easy to overlook during your day-to-day household product consumption. Right now in my closet I have about 10 sample size bottles of laundry detergent. Each sample will wash two loads of laundry... so that's 20 free loads of laundry that I can do with these samples! But if I toss those samples in the closet and never use them, they are doing my family no good. So use what you get to stretch your family's household budget a little further each month!
• Enjoy the Added Bonus. Want to know one of the best parts about requesting free samples? They almost always come with high-value coupons! There have been several times when I requested a free sample which came with a coupon, and because of that coupon, I was able to get a full-size product free when combined with a store sale or promotion. It's a win-win! Free stuff which leads to more free stuff.