Monday, October 5, 2009

My Walgreens Deals: Last Week and This Week!


Has anyone else been to Walgreens for last week's deals or this week's deals? After a few months of less-than-stellar deals (in my humble opinion), Walgreen's is really picking up the pace on great sales!

Here's what I got last week:



I don't have the total breakdown (sorry), but I do know that spent about $32 out-of-pocket (including tax. A LOT, I know), but ended up with $41 in Register Rewards: A $9 profit! Plus, I was able to pick up some stuff we were needing: Nice lotion, razors, dental care items, and even some candy for some upcoming events I'm hosting.

Then, using the RRs from last week's deals to pay, I scored these deals at Walgreens today on some household necessities:



Purchased:

2 boxes Rice Krispies, using rain check for 2/$5
2 boxes of Wheat Thins @ $1
3 packages of Playtex cleaning gloves @$.99 (with in-ad coupon)
3 cans Swanson Chicken Broth @ $.69 (with in-ad coupon)
4 cans Campbell's tomato soup @ $.50 (with in-ad coupon)
2 bottles Purell hand sanitizer @$2.99
1 96-load bottle of All laundry detergent @ $9.99
22 clear dessert cups on clearance for $.09 each! (these served as fillers for using my RRs and manufacturer's Qs, plus I'm planning to use them at an upcoming shower I'm hosting! Sweet!)
2-pack of Lined wicker baskets on clearance for $1.75

Coupons used:

2 $1/1 Rice Krispies coupons from Vocal Point
1 $.40/3 Swanson's broth from Sunday's insert
2 $1/2 Campbell's soup printable coupon
1 $2/1 All 96-load from insert
2 $.50/1 Purell from insert
3 $1/1 Playtex gloves from insert
2 $1/1 Wheat thins printable

Also used:

2 $7 RRs from Vaseline lotion last week
1 $2 RR from Dental floss last week
1 $3 RR from Chapstick last week
----------
Spent $19 in RRs
Total amount paid cash out of pocket: $.59 (+ $2.45 tax)
And I got $4 back in RRs from the Purell (did two transactions, bought 1 Purell per trans.)

Would it be hard for you to reconcile spending $32 at Walgreens like I did on my purchases from last week? I totally understand. Perhaps it will help if I show you my mental processing on these types of transactions:

The ALL detergent (which I have to buy, even though it's not the cheapest detergent, because of my son's VERY sensitive skin), soup, broth, hand sanitizer, lotion, crackers and cereal are regular necessities at our house. If I don't stock up on them at a sale at Walgreen's or with a coupon when I have it, I end up paying full price for them at Walmart. A transaction at Walmart to purchase these items alone would look something like this (some prices are estimates):

All Detergent: $11.96
Chicken broth: 3 @ $.87 = $2.61
Tomato soup: 4 @ $.69 = $2.76
Purell 2@$2.50 = $5
Rice Krispies: 2 @ $3.18 = $6.36
Wheat thins: (1 lg. box instead of 2 sm.) $2.50
Vaseline Sheer Infusion lotion: 5 @ $5.50 = $27.50

Total approximate cost to purchase these exact items at Walmart: $58.69 + tax. If I used the exact coupons I used on these items at Walgreen's, that would bring the total down to $42.79 + tax.


The basic principle is that by combining sales plus coupons at Walgreens and using the RRs I earned from Free After Register Rewards items to buy necessities for my household, I am actually getting the stuff I really, really need as well as a lot of other useful and fun stuff (like the candy and the dessert dishes for my upcoming shower) for less than the price I would have paid only for the necessities at Walmart. Make sense?

I'll try to get a list of great Walgreen's deals up from this week asap, so you all can take advantage of these great sales, too!

1 comment:

  1. I went WAG crazy last week (and it had been a while since I had done much there), with all their FAR stuff. Only to realize this week that they are all month long deals!

    ReplyDelete