Thursday, April 2, 2009

Looking for a Meaningful Gift? Check out Punjammies.



I know we are usually all about finding the cheapest buy here at The Frugal Muse, but I wanted to take a moment today to ask you to consider spending a few extra dollars for a good cause: International Princess Project.

Over 2 million women and children in India work as prostitutes– the vast majority of them against their will. International Princess Project advocates for women who have been rescued or released from prostitution by providing them occupational training that offers these women the hope of a sustainable skilled trade. IPP teaches these women to sew and then sells the pajamas they make (Punjammies) to help support them.

Here's the really cool part: YOU can buy these beautiful Punjammies to help care for these women who were formerly victims of forced prostitution. Ever wonder what one person can do to help make a difference in a world full of horrible suffering? This is a start.

If you're compelled to help these beautiful Indian women, check out the Punjammies online store. If you'd like to read more about International Princess Project and the Punjammies initiative, click here.

My awesome husband got me a set of Punjammies for Christmas this year, and I have to say that it is probably my favorite gift of all time. The Punjammies are really beautiful... and I LOVE knowing that a lovely Indian woman made my pajamas with her own hands on her road toward lifelong freedom.

Okay, back to our regularly scheduled program. :-) Thanks for letting me take a few minutes to share with you about something that's really important to me!

1 comment:

  1. This is wonderful. Their pjs are beautiful!! My daughter has such a heartfelt soul that I know she will want a set. Thanks for the info!!

    ReplyDelete