Wednesday, December 9, 2009

AWESOME week at Walgreens!

WOW! There are some FANTASTIC deals going on at Walgreens this week! Here's what I was able to score today:



Purchased:

(5) Bottles All laundry detergent @ $3.50
(6) Triaminic Thin Strips @ $5.00
(4) Hershey's Holiday Kisses @ $2.5
(3) Skippy Peanut Butter @ $1.50
(2) Ragu @ $1.50
(1) Renu Contact Solution @ $9.99
(1) Toddler t-shirt clearanced to $1.74
(3) Touch of Gray hair color clearanced to $1.74

Total before coupons: $78.47

Coupons used:

(5) $2/1 All detergent
(6) $3/1 Triaminic
(1) $.75/2 Ragu
(3) $.40/1 Skippy
(1) B3G1 free Hershey's
$2/1 Walgreens Triaminic
(1) $5 RR from previous weeks at Walgreens

Total spent out of pocket: $26.oo + 6.69 tax = $32.69
RRs spent: $5
Total RRs received back: $52
= I got all of this free after RRs, plus left with a PROFIT OF $14.31!

The sweetest of these deals were the Spend $25 (before coupons!) Get $5 RR promotion (I did three transactions, so go $15 back in RRs from this), PLUS I just happened to find the Touch of Gray hair color on the clearance aisle for only $1.74, but it still produced the $7 RR for the sale on that product this week!

I could have made much, much more profit with all the great deals this week, but I decided to go for several items that weren't necessarily free, but that my family really needed, like the detergent and the PB and Spaghetti sauce. Also, I forgot to hand the cashier the Walgreens Triaminic coupon on the first transaction, so that cost me $4 that I could have saved, but I was still happy with my end results. If you want to see how the pros are working the deals this week, check out heather's post here. She has a scenario for spending only $11.37 out of pocket and getting back $25 in RRs (profit of $13.69 not including tax)!

Want to see all of the great deals at Walgreens this week? Check out Moms By Heart for the whole list of matchups.


2 comments:

  1. Feels good to win doesn't it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so clicking on your google ads btw. Rock on!!

    ReplyDelete